Stay in Touch With Your Neighbors!

Welcome to the Grandview South Neighborhood!
The mission of the Neighborhood Program is to "facilitate effective, informed and representative participation of citizens in government and self-help initiatives". The Neighborhood Program provides a channel for communication among citizens, elected officials and city department staff.
Contact us to add information to this site and please, add your name to our list of followers!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Closure of I-15

UDOT has announced that it will close both directions of I-15 between University Parkway and Provo University Avenue for four nights, starting on June 3rd.
Here is their announcement:


Construction teams on UDOT's Utah County I-15 Corridor Expansion (I-15 CORE) are scheduled to close I-15 in both directions between the University Parkway interchange in Orem and the University Avenue interchange in Provo. This closure is scheduled for the nights of June 3-6. Crews will be setting girders  (beams) on the new flyover bridge over I-15 at Provo Center Street.

Drivers on southbound I-15 will exit at University Parkway in Orem and will rejoin southbound I-15 via University Avenue in Provo.  Drivers on northbound I-15 will exit at University Avenue and will rejoin northbound I-15 via University Parkway. Although long, it is strongly recommended drivers follow the posted detour as traffic signals will be timed to improve movement and travel time along the designated route.

During these overnight closures, east-west access on Provo Center Street will remain open. Local traffic may experience added delays crossing University Avenue and University Parkway due to priority signalization on the detour route.

All four nights may not require a full closure of I-15. Motorists are encouraged to follow I-15 CORE on Facebook and Twitter and the web (udot.utah.gov/i15coreudot.utah.gov/i15core) for changes to this activity.

WHEN:       Friday, June 3, from 11 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.; 
                 Saturday, June 4, from 11 p.m. to 9:30 a.m.; 
                 Sunday, June 5, 11 p.m. to 5:30 a.m; and
                 Monday, June 6, from 11 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.

WHERE:      I-15 in both directions between University Parkway in Orem and University Avenue in Provo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment